8 Troops Shot Dead In Balochistan Attack
KABUL: Eight paramilitary troops were killed and a ninth wounded in a gun attack in Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province on Sunday.
Unidentified gunmen fired at a checkpoint of the Levies personnel in the Jauhar area of Wadh sub-district on the Quetta-Karachi Highway, a media report said.
Police and rescue teams reached the site and evacuated the injured to Khuzdar Civil Hospital. Balochistan Home Secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani told DawnNews the area had been cordoned off.
The assailants managed to escape after the shooting, which triggered a search operation in the area in Khuzdar — one of the volatile districts of Balochistan where there are a number of militant groups are operating.
A day earlier, a roadside blast left six security officials dead and three others injured in the tribal region of Mohmand. The blast took place in the Shati Kandao area of Pandiali sub-district.